Re: desktop notification gone

Hey Camaleón,

First off, to my delight it is worked around by using XFCE's
daemon, cf. Adrian's message.

After quite a detour I learned it's likely/probably about
the message queue not being flushed <..> For notify-OSD
and notification-daemon however the only advice I found
was to kill it.

Yes, kill it and re-launch it again to see what happens.

Well, exactly what was to be expected -- one notification per
application, nothing after that.

Users shouldn't need to care about that queue thingies. If
the daemon is up and running and notifications only come up
once, something is wrong with it and as you are running sid,
the possibilities of hitting some sort of bug increase.

Hm. Judging from what I read yesterday, I'm not sure if it's
actually a bug and not just notification-daemon's fault for
depending on another application to manage the queue. In that
case, wouldn't a bug report in Debian's bts be useless, i.e.
just forwarded upstream?

Anyway, you can also review your logs, just in case.

What logs are those? .xsession-errors (nothing in there)?

Thanks for your help,
Tom

--
np: Les Joyaux de la Princesse - Cantate de Travailleurs