Re: putting audio files onto a DVD

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 16:17 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> I wish the optical media and their associate formats starts disappearing
> in a near future, they're nothing but headaches for users.

Full ACK! Unfortunately I suspect that the successor will have also
drawbacks. For audio I used DAT a long time. For data it's named
different, but it's the same hardware. I used data tapes instead of
audio tapes, since the GEMA mafia makes empty audio tapes 6* more
expensive in Germany. The issue with DAT is, that the consumer drives
don't last very long. Some days ago I visited a friend and noticed that
he still has got a shelf with Syquest Cartridges. Btw. I dropped CDRAM a
long time ago, but for unimportant data CD and DVD are still my
favorites compared to e.g. an USB-stick. My PC hasn't got a floppy disk
drive anymore. Today we need those optical media :(.