Re: OT: More about GPG signing

--- On Fri, 5/11/12, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:

> Paraphrase yes. Useful analogy I don't believe so.
>
> A better analogy would be:-
> Is the post reduced in value if Tony's was name was not
> added to the
> sender field?
>
> The answer is yes.

Not necessarily. If there were several users with the same name on this list, a full email address would be a better identifier than name. And if someone decided to use the same name AND email address as another user, signing one's messages would be a good idea to avoid confusion/misrepresentation.

Anyway, this interesting discussion seems to begin going in circles, so the important points for me are: