Re: putting audio files onto a DVD

On Thu, 10 May 2012 19:36:46 -0400, Whit Hansell wrote:

> Scott, Indulekha, Sharon and Camaleon,
>
> Thanks so much for your replies.  I had previously looked and looked
> again at some of the recommendations you have given me and looked at the
> new ones too.  Am just going to give it up for right now as it was
> really just something I was going to try to do but not realizing that
> DVD's are that much different from CD's. in their uses etc.  It really
> just isn't that big a deal.  I was trying to do something to give to a
> friend but since it's so much a struggle to do and may not work anyway,
> I will probably just use Audacity to split the file and use two CD's if
> I do it at all.

I wish the optical media and their associate formats starts disappearing
in a near future, they're nothing but headaches for users.

> I really do appreciate all of your replies.  You all have been so
> helpful in the past and if there is anything I can help with I try and
> will  try to do so more when I run into a situation that I might
> actually have some knowledge about.  You are all great and again, thanks
> so much for your help.

You're welcome.

I was not aware about the availability/status of DVD-A authoring tools in
linux so I've also learnt something from your question :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón