Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:52:05 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Camaleón,

> That could be the common link for those who receive these messages
> (Indulekha is also using an external gateway and also gets them).

Indeed, but I hadn't noticed that at the time I replied.

> But I still fail to see what can cause this which OTOH, only happens

No idea, TBH.  Does such a message arrive for each post you make to the
list, or just some of them?  You wrote in another message it happens
"automatically and randomly" which seems almost contradictory.
Automatically might imply it always happens, randomly indicates
otherwise.

> Okay... I will add a rule to Gmail and problem solved. Thanks all for

Well, side-stepped, or buried, not really solved.   :-)

> your input.

YW.

Finally, FWIW, I didn't see anything from joe1 after my last post.  Of
course, it could have been caught by a server-side spamtrap.  Normally
though, emails of that type arrive and end up in the "unsure" pile that
bogofilter generates during mail import.

--
 Regards  _
I'll be the paint on the side if you'll be the tin