Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:28:30 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:52:05 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Camaleón,
>
>> That could be the common link for those who receive these messages
>> (Indulekha is also using an external gateway and also gets them).
>
> Indeed, but I hadn't noticed that at the time I replied.

Ah.. are you also using a news server?

>> But I still fail to see what can cause this which OTOH, only happens
>
> No idea, TBH.  Does such a message arrive for each post you make to the
> list, or just some of them?  You wrote in another message it happens
> "automatically and randomly" which seems almost contradictory.
> Automatically might imply it always happens, randomly indicates
> otherwise.

It happens "automatically" (with no other interaction from my part other
than replying to a message) and at a "random" basis (it does not happen
for all of my replies, only when I reply to specific threads). Hope it's
more clear now :-)

>> Okay... I will add a rule to Gmail and problem solved. Thanks all for
>
> Well, side-stepped, or buried, not really solved.   :-)

Yup, but what could I do? The annoying posts are not reaching the list
neither Gmane's archive so... what do you suggest? I'm all ears O:-)

>> your input.
>
> YW.
>
> Finally, FWIW, I didn't see anything from joe1 after my last post.  Of
> course, it could have been caught by a server-side spamtrap.  Normally
> though, emails of that type arrive and end up in the "unsure" pile that
> bogofilter generates during mail import.

You can try to reply to this thread ("grub2 loop back is not working")
which is one of those that seem to trigger the annoying e-mail.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón