Re: SOLVED Re: genisoimage and burning the iso created.

On 30/04/2012, Indulekha <indulekha@theunworthy.com> wrote:
> Sharon Kimble <skimble04@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know about the burning program features but I bet you can use
>>> "split" command (to make chunks of data that fit in one DVD) and
>>> "cat" (if you want to restore the full image afterwards) for the task.
>>>
>>> Greeting
>>>
>> Split was indeed the answer, using it as ....... split -b 4000m
>> /home/boztu/irishceltic.iso ...... and it splits the 18.9 gb file into
>> 3.9 gb files which just need to be renamed as xaa.iso, or
>> xab.iso/xac.iso, and then the  image is burnt using k3b.
>>

> As others have pointed out, your issue is not likely solved by using
> split to create pieces of the original iso -- you need complete iso
> images sized to fit your media, otherwise you have to copy the contents
> of all the disks to your hard drive and reassemble the original image
> before any of it becomes usable.
>
> I was just reading somewhere about a package called datapacker, which
> might do the trick. I've never tested it though. If you try it, please
> let us know if it worked for you. And please confirm by using the disks
> you burned first. Burning is really only part of the solution. :)
> http://software.complete.org/datapacker

I installed datapacker from the repo but do not understand how to use
it. It does not appear to be able to be directed to a specific
directory where the mp3 files are without checking other directories.
I've read http://jgoerzen.github.com/datapacker/datapacker.html but
still fail to understand how to use it.

Yes, I check the dvds when i've burnt them that they are readable by
me and the computer itself.

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.1