Re: How do Install debian kernel without updating to latest kernel image

On Mi, 18 apr 12, 22:56:16, Sarveshwar.Bandi@Emulex.Com wrote:

> I guess I have not understood the basics of versioning in debian
> kernels. When you say 6.0.0 and 6.0.3 are outdated, does it mean
> everyone using those kernels are expected  to move to  6.0.4?

You are using Debian version numbers instead of kernel version numbers,
but basically yes, packages in Debian stable are only updated when there
are security or other serious problems to be fixed and everybody is
expected to upgrade.

If you need older versions of some specific package (including kernels)
have a look at snapshot.debian.org

Kind regards,
Andrei