Re: how to fix aptitude errors upgrading LMDE UP3 -> UP4

On Lu, 16 apr 12, 14:34:33, Tom Roche wrote:

> (Apologies if this is not the correct place to post (is there an
> apt-user or aptitude-user list?), but it's been helpful in past.)

This is the correct list for apt-get/aptitude usage in Debian ;)

[snip]

I see that you fixed your problem by using apt-get instead of aptitude,
but I'd like to make a few suggestions for the future:

1. LMDE is *not* Debian:
# mintupdate
-bash: mintupdate: command not found

and there may be other subtle differences that are important

2. If you want help with usage of a specific tool *always* include the
complete output of the commands you ran.

3. aptitude has a very powerful interactive dependency resolver that is
useful for such situations.

Kind regards,
Andrei