How do Install debian kernel without updating to latest kernel image

I am trying to install different versions of Debian from Debian install CDs. For example Debian 6.0.0, 6.0.3 and 6.0.4. After installing any of CDs I see the debian_version is showing as 6.0.4. The uname –a shows the same after any of the installations. I want to install each of these versions and be able to build my driver against them. So I also need the linux kernel  header for the specific version of debian and kernel sources too.

I was told that installer  is automatically upgrading the system. No matter what combination I try during install, the debian_version and uname –a are the same!!!

Or is this expected behavior? What am I missing?