Re: How do Install debian kernel without updating to latest kernel image

On 22/04/12 10:26 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Mi, 18 apr 12, 22:56:16, Sarveshwar.Bandi@Emulex.Com wrote:
I guess I have not understood the basics of versioning in debian
kernels. When you say 6.0.0 and 6.0.3 are outdated, does it mean
everyone using those kernels are expected  to move to  6.0.4?
You are using Debian version numbers instead of kernel version numbers,
but basically yes, packages in Debian stable are only updated when there
are security or other serious problems to be fixed and everybody is
expected to upgrade.

If you need older versions of some specific package (including kernels)
have a look at snapshot.debian.org

Kind regards,
Andrei
I'd be more than a little leery of installing a different kernel than the one packaged by Debian. The kernel interface can change between versions so that something that works in one may not work in a newer, or older, version.

Answering the question asked in the subject line, to install the current kernel image for your version of Debian, try
  apt-get install linux-image-<version information>

You can find the exact package names in packages.debian.org.