Re: Sound in my headphones - clicking of keys on keyboard....

 On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:40:17 -0400 "Rob Owens rowens@ptd.net"
 suggested this:

>On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 09:40:07PM +1000, Charlie wrote:
>>  On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 21:30:35 +1000 "Charlie ariestao@skymesh.com.au"
>>  suggested this:
>>
>> > On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:58:05 +1000 "Charlie
>> > ariestao@skymesh.com.au" suggested this:

>> >Sorry to answer my own email, but the microphone works now and I've
>> >discovered that it was the actual microphone jack [bad connection on
>> >my Toshiba that was the problem so I have reinstalled all my
>> >alsa applications to see if I can mute this microphone. At least I
>> >no longer get the feedback of clicking keys coming through the mic.
>> >

>> Just to put this to rest. After reinstalling all the alsa
>> applications I was able to mute my microphone.
>>
>> Sorry about all the noise. But though I feel quite silly, I don't
>> want anyone taking time to try to figure out that I had just turned
>> the mic on and didn't now how I did it so couldn't turn it off.
>>
>FYI, alsamixer has two (or more) volume controls for the microphone.
>One is actually the microphone recording level, and one is the
>microphone monitoring level.  The monitoring can be brought down to
>zero, which will prevent you from hearing what the microphone is
>hearing.  But the microphone may still be able to record, as long as
>the recording level is set appropriately.
>
>Hit F3 and F4 to switch between playback (for monitoring) and capture
>(for recording levels) in alsamixer.
>
>-Rob

Thanks for the hints Rob. It's much appreciated. I will have to use
sound more.

Be well,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
magic and power in it. Begin it now. ------Goethe