Re: Sound in my headphones - clicking of keys on keyboard....

 On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 21:30:35 +1000 "Charlie ariestao@skymesh.com.au"
 suggested this:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:58:05 +1000 "Charlie ariestao@skymesh.com.au"
> suggested this:
>

>>I have turned on something on my laptop using:
>>
>>Debian wheezy 3.2.0-2-686-pae using fvwm
>>
>>So that it produces constant feedback [background buzzing] and the
>>sound of clicking on my keyboard when typing.
>>
>>I have no idea what I turned on, but can't turn it off.
>>
>>I was trying to get my microphone working. Can someone please help.
>>

>Sorry to answer my own email, but the microphone works now and I've
>discovered that it was the actual microphone jack [bad connection on
>my Toshiba that was the problem so I have reinstalled all my
>alsa applications to see if I can mute this microphone. At least I no
>longer get the feedback of clicking keys coming through the mic.

Just to put this to rest. After reinstalling all the alsa applications
I was able to mute my microphone.

Sorry about all the noise. But though I feel quite silly, I don't want
anyone taking time to try to figure out that I had just turned the mic
on and didn't now how I did it so couldn't turn it off.

Thank you,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

If you want to build a ship, do not drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea. ---- Antoine de Saint-Exupery