Re: RAID1 does not boot

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 19:19:42 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> sorry to bother you again. can you please give or guide me from where i
> can find instruction for installation grub on both drives.
>
> Thank you?

Sure, let me search for some docs...

(scroll down to "Enabling boot from both disks")
http://www.texsoft.it/index.php?c=hardware&m=hw.storage.grubraid1&l=it

(scroll down to "Step4. Install GRUB2 on both drives:")
http://www.debian-tutorials.com/general/setting-up-raid1-on-an-existing-debian-squeeze-installation

*Do not run the commands by just copy/paste*, you have to understand what
you are doing and adjust the commands to your installation, taking a special
care with:

- Bootloader version (whether you're using GRUB legacy, GRUB2, LILO...)
- Hard disk partition where the bootloader has to be installed

Any error you make here can lead to an unbootable system (again) ;-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón