Re: Exim4 and SMTP relaying.

Joe,

On 05/04/12 12:39 AM, Joe wrote:
... should contain network specifications separated by colons and
enclosed in single quotes. My guess for a first try is:

	dc_relay_nets='172.24.1.0/24'

on the basis you're using a /24 netmask there.

This configuration had been created with dpkg-reconfigure exim4.config. No need to edit directly.

peter@dalton:~$ egrep -v '(^ *#)|(^ *$)' /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf
dc_eximconfig_configtype='smarthost'
dc_other_hostnames='dalton.pathology.ubc.ca'
dc_local_interfaces='::1 ; 172.24.1.1'
dc_readhost='dalton.invalid'
dc_relay_domains=''
dc_minimaldns='false'
dc_relay_nets='172.24.1.0/24'
dc_smarthost='secure369.websitewelcome.com'
CFILEMODE='644'
dc_use_split_config='false'
dc_hide_mailname='false'
dc_mailname_in_oh='true'
dc_localdelivery='mail_spool'

After the change, run update-exim4.conf and restart exim4.

It didn't work and there were no error messages on Dalton.
Then I realized that consequent to one of my inane blunders, Cantor was calling his own address 172.24.1.2,. Fixed that to 172.24.1.1, Dalton, and it works just as intended. Thanks!

Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 12:07:20 +0000 (UTC)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Camale=F3n?= <noelamac@gmail.com>
> Speaking from a "Postfixized" mind, I can see two different approaches:
> 1/ Enforce the use of TSL to certain hosts
> 2/ Allow local hosts to do not use TLS

Appears that in the default configuration, Exim4 copes with TLS, present or not. And accepts a local connection with or without a password.

Thanks to both of you,          ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 639 0202.  bcc: peter at easthope.ca
"http://carnot.yi.org/ "
"http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/index.html#Itinerary "