Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp

2012/3/24 Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>:
> shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> I got this error, does anybody know how I can give more space to tmpfs ?
>>
>> Downloaded, time 4575.50sec, speed 29kB/sec,
>> texlive-latex-extra-doc_2009-10_2011.20120322-1_all.debdelta
>>  Error: applying of delta for texlive-latex-extra-doc failed:  :
>> Sorry, not enough disk space (581788kB) in directory /tmp for applying
>> delta (needs 668963kB) (retriable)
>
> Edit /etc/default/rcS, set RAMTMP=no, reboot. Or, set TMPDIR to point to
> something like $HOME/tmp
>
> You may also consider filing a bug, since the more people report
> problems with Debian's new, absurdly small /tmp, the more likely it
> is to get fixed.
>
> --
> see shy jo

Why?

You can always configure as you wish.  Take a look at:

/etc/default/tmpfs

There you can configure TMPFS_SIZE and TMP_SIZE, which are the ones
asked for.  And if you definitely don't want to use tmpfs, then you
can RAMTMP=yes as you suggested.

I think this is a matter of configuration, and we all might want
different settings for our purposes, :-)

Thanks,

--
Javier.