Re: KVM problem

09/03/2012 22:31, 0xAAA wrote:

>>> Sorry, this message is not related to your problem.
>>>
>>> Which command line programms  do you use for managing KVM? I  find it quiet hard
>>> to carry out tasks  like mounting an iso file or creating new  vms on the shell.
>>> For that reason, I am using this virt-manager program. But I really would prefer
>>> _commandline_ tools (virt-manager has so many  stupid bugs; in fact, it leads me
>>> to the opinion that python is not usable for *real* programs).
>> 		      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> I assume you mean more *real* than Blender, Openshot, Yum, Miro, Plone,
>> a good chunk of Google web apps and a few many others...
>>
>> Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. ;-)
>
> I dont know  any of these programs  but it sounds like guff  (well, except Plone
> but this is also stupid). Compare the  quality to a C program with stupid, buggy
> python scripts and you can make your own decision. However, what Google is doing
> is not interesting  - for their sake,  they should provide web  apps with visual
> basic6...
>
> Also, python stupid version management (python2 vs python3) is not really useful
> for any programmers out there.

I'll leave you there with your judgment call, but Blender is considered
a bit more than "gruff" in the 3D modeling and video community, Yum is
Fedora package manager, the developers will be delighted to know they
are writing "stupid buggy python scripts". I obviously lack your broad
knowledge of python, C and visual basic6 to understand how so many
people have missed the obvious truth you are trying to spread. Let's
hope the ignorant masses at RedHat have already started to rewrite
virt-manager in C if they read this.

Please don't cc me directly, I read the list.