Re: KVM problem

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 08:59:35PM +0100, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 11:56:53AM -0500, Neal Murphy wrote:
> >> I'm sure virt-manager is very nice. But there are no GUIs where I'm going: no
> >> X11, no vnc, no kde or gnome. Only plain old command line (POCL).
> >
> > Sorry, this message is not related to your problem.
> >
> > Which command line programms  do you use for managing KVM? I  find it quiet hard
> > to carry out tasks  like mounting an iso file or creating new  vms on the shell.
> > For that reason, I am using this virt-manager program. But I really would prefer
> > _commandline_ tools (virt-manager has so many  stupid bugs; in fact, it leads me
> > to the opinion that python is not usable for *real* programs).
> 		      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I assume you mean more *real* than Blender, Openshot, Yum, Miro, Plone,
> a good chunk of Google web apps and a few many others...
>
> Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. ;-)

I dont know  any of these programs  but it sounds like guff  (well, except Plone
but this is also stupid). Compare the  quality to a C program with stupid, buggy
python scripts and you can make your own decision. However, what Google is doing
is not interesting  - for their sake,  they should provide web  apps with visual
basic6...

Also, python stupid version management (python2 vs python3) is not really useful
for any programmers out there.