Re: Simultaneous desktop environments (Gnome and xfce) in two X server sessions.

> Don't login to your shell as root, just as $user,
> then it's the same:
> startx

Ok I cannot launch X session from tty7, default console, as the normal
user. But if I change the allowed_users value in
/etc/X11/Xwrapper.config file from "console" to "anybody", I can
launch it from tty7.

>From what  I understand this is a security risk to have anybody launch
X, therefore left it as "console".

the only way I can launch a separate X session is to first log into
another console first and then launch X. This works without any issue.

I am guessing the default tty is signed into as root. Can someone confirm this?

-
Kind regards,
Yudi