Re: Windows screws up Linux's clock

On 02/21/2012 07:31 PM, Doug wrote:
On 02/21/2012 08:36 PM, Don deJuan wrote:

In windows open regedit go to:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\__Control\TimeZoneInformation
add a DWORD with name of "RealTimeIsUniversal" exactly as
its entered
there and set the value to 1. Now you can have windows time
play nice
with any linux distro, no matter if you use localtime or UTC.

In accordance with Juan's instructions somewhere in this thread, I went
to Google
and got slightly more detailed instructions, which I am going to repeat
here, for
those who are as faked out as I was. (I'm not a Windows expert--I'm not
really
a Linux expert, either, but I'm probably more familiar with PCLINUXOS
than with
XP. So here it is, from "lifehacker.com/5742148. . . .

START>Type in "regedit.exe" >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control
Set\Control\Time Zone Information

Right click anywhere in the right-hand panel, select NEW>DWORD Value
Type in the box (no spaces, no quotes) "RealTimeIsUniversal"> double click,
change value from 0 to 1, select hexadecimal if not already selected.
Close window--you're done.

It's real easy, but you have to actually do it to realize that.

Thank you to Mr. deJuan for finding this fix and passing it on.

--doug

Well you are more of an expert than Paul Johnson :D LOL