Re: GNU/Debian Linux vs. facebook, Twitter and other proprietary social media

> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:56:10AM +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
>> On 05/02/12 00:09, Nick Lidakis wrote:
>> >But using this facebook app I would still need to create a facebook
>> account,
>> >yes?
>>
>> Facebook's privacy concerns only apply to whatever data you give
>> them. Set up an account and only supply business-data: promotions
>> etc., stuff for which exposure is a *good* thing rather than bad.
>
> But this data will invariably be intertwined with personal information.
> Being
> a mom and pop shop there's bound to be stuff we want to put up but I don't
> want facebook to own.

Trust me.
In your own small business, you won't have time for Farcebook and you have
no need for it.
You will have far more productive things to do with your time.
Successful business was a reality a long time before Facebook came along.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.