Re: GNU/Debian Linux vs. facebook, Twitter and other proprietary social media

The thing of facebook is people login to facebook and regularly view
their activity feed. So if you are posting to facebook you are
appearing in the activity feeds of people who have 'liked' your page.
People can also message you through facebook and this can be a channel
for customer support.

You use a facebook app to have an RSS feed (eg from your website/blog)
appear in your activity feed. This way you don't actually have to use
Facebook, per se, you only have to setup the page and the RSS
importation. You can also, I believe, setup email forwarding so that
when people message you through facebook it appears on your email.