Re: [OT] how to take care of hand -> dvorak

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 16:37:47 +0000, Russell wrote in message
<[🔎] 20120204163747.GC2339@cromwell.tmiaf>:

> * lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> [120204 16:12]:
> >
> > How do I start the dvorak?
> > sorry I just started finishing reading the wikipage about dvorak.
>

> >From the Gnome desktop, use the system -> preferences -> keyboard ->
> layouts menu to select "USA Dvorak" (a regrettable compromise) or "USA
> Classic Dvorak" (the original and best).
>
> Just use whatever keyboard you presently are using.  Print out a copy
> of the Dvorak or Dvorak Classic layout, and then refer to the printout
> and ignore the keycaps.

..sissy, the one proper way takes a wee bit more of common brutality,
pop out all keys and put them back using your dvorak layout map. ;o)

..another approach is tape on new key lettering, I had to do that on
6 of my laptops, due to the joysticks in the keyboards.  My eeepc
only got them due to my lazyness and surplus key stickers. ;o)

> It does not take many hours to learn the layout, because Dvorak
> designed it to be intuitive (at least, for those whose native language
> is English).

..I can confirm this works in Norwegian too, a tip for those of you
looking for work in Norway, teach yourself Norwegian Dvorak. ;o)

> Don't become discouraged during the first few hours.  Remember that
> the QWERTY layout was purposely designed to slow the typist.  It is
> claimed that almost any random key arrangement is easier for the
> typist than is the QWERTY layout.

..and once you're past it, you _enjoy_ watching your competitors
try catch up on you. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: