Re: [OT] how to take care of hand -> dvorak

* lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> [120204 16:12]:

> How do I start the dvorak?
> sorry I just started finishing reading the wikipage about dvorak.

>From the Gnome desktop, use the system -> preferences -> keyboard ->
layouts menu to select "USA Dvorak" (a regrettable compromise) or "USA
Classic Dvorak" (the original and best).

Just use whatever keyboard you presently are using.  Print out a copy
of the Dvorak or Dvorak Classic layout, and then refer to the printout
and ignore the keycaps.

It does not take many hours to learn the layout, because Dvorak
designed it to be intuitive (at least, for those whose native language
is English).

Don't become discouraged during the first few hours.  Remember that
the QWERTY layout was purposely designed to slow the typist.  It is
claimed that almost any random key arrangement is easier for the
typist than is the QWERTY layout.

RLH