Re: how to get rid of pulseaudio gracefully

> $ apt-cache show gnome-core
>
> gnome-core is really only a meta package depending upon the stuff
> ‘central to gnome’. Removing the meta package will not remove
> anything else, unless you use, for example, apt-get autoremove.
>
> It might therefore be helpful to check the dependencies of gnome-core
> and mark the important-for-you packages to be installed manually by,
> for example
>
> # apt-get install brasero eog metacity

Thanks for the tips.  Man, I would not have know this from the output
you suggest apt-cache show  gnome-core
Claudius Hubig <nfs_2012@chubig.net> writes:

> $ apt-cache show gnome-core
>
> gnome-core is really only a meta package depending upon the stuff
> ‘central to gnome’. Removing the meta package will not remove
> anything else, unless you use, for example, apt-get autoremove.
>
> It might therefore be helpful to check the dependencies of gnome-core
> and mark the important-for-you packages to be installed manually by,
> for example
>
> # apt-get install brasero eog metacity

Thanks for the tips.  The ouput you suggest is very misleading.  I
would not have surmised from the description it was totally
non-essential.

Both the first and last lines really do seem to indicate otherwise.
Its first described as the `essential components' and finally we are
told `It contains the official `core' modules of the gnome desktop'.

,----
`----