Re: how to get rid of pulseaudio gracefully

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:50, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the tips.  The ouput you suggest is very misleading.  I
> would not have surmised from the description it was totally
> non-essential.
>
> Both the first and last lines really do seem to indicate otherwise.
> Its first described as the `essential components' and finally we are
> told `It contains the official `core' modules of the gnome desktop'.

Every word of that is true, but that does not mean that it is not
an optional meta-package.

> Section: metapackages

and it is spelled out in the description:
> This meta-package depends on a basic set of programs

The packages it depends on are the core, essential bits of
Gnome. This is a pretty standard way of describing things like
this throughout Debian.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers