Re: Network not working on Shuttle XS35GTV2

On Mi, 11 ian 12, 23:56:56, Ramon Hofer wrote:

> Unfortunately there are no leds on the Shuttle.
> When I first noticed the problem the link leds on the switch weren't on.

Is that led still off?

> Then I tried a different cable on a different port.
> Afterwards I installed Win 7. After installing the driver it could
> connect to the internet with the second cable attached to the second port.
> Thereafter I tried the cable which was attached to my laptop and a third
> port on the switch. The laptop has no problem connecting to the internet.

As far as I understand you eliminated the switch and the cable as
sources of problems.

> Do you think the Shuttle support can help me?
> But I doubt that they know what to do and will tell me to install
> Windows :-(

Yes, this might happen, but as far as I understand you already verified
that it works with Windows. Maybe you should contact them anyway, even
if just to let them know that Linux users of their products exist.

Other things to try:
- BIOS options or even update(s)
- a newer kernel (you could use a USB stick to copy it over)
- the Linux Live CD with the most recent kernel you can find

However, at this point I'm just guessing. I found a related Ubuntu bug,
maybe you should add more info there...

Kind regards,
Andrei