Re: Network not working on Shuttle XS35GTV2

On Du, 08 ian 12, 17:18:57, Ramon Hofer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I used a Shuttle XS35GTV2 as XBMC frontend with OpenELEC. Since some time
> it lost its Network connection (I use ethernet not WLAN). I have no clue
> why this happend. I suggest it was due to the OpenELEC update 1.02.
> Can you help me getting the network interface running for the netinst?
> Or would it be easier to install Debian using ISO-CD or DVD and then
> somehow fix the problem?

I looked up the online specs for your device and there is no mention of
the network chipset used, but I'm guessing it is one of the newer RTL
chipsets.

You can still use the netinst, because it does have the minimum amount
of packages. Afterwards make sure you run the latest kernel from stable
or even backports.
You might also need firmware, a

dmesg | grep -i firmware

should tell.