Re: Boot failure between grub and kernel?

Steven wrote:
On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 08:04 -0600, hvw59601 wrote:
[*snip*]
This is a desktop with an Asus M4N98TD EVO mobo, 4GB mem, 4 HDD's. No messages anywhere about the hang.

I have an Asus as well, P8H67, but this also happened with the previous
board, a MSI P45 Diamond, but not until over a year after running
without that issue.

It's not kbd related because I have switched kbds, it may be mobo related, I don't remember if this happened with my previous mobo.

I'm currently thinking kernel regression? But it's definitely not a
specific chipset or CPU issue as both my chipsets and CPU's were Intel,
whereas yours features an AMD CPU with NVidia chipset.

<snip>

But shouldn't it fail all the time then? Since I turned off 'quiet' it hasn't failed yet...

Hugo