Re: Boot failure between grub and kernel?

Steven wrote:
On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 08:04 -0600, hvw59601 wrote:
This is a desktop with an Asus M4N98TD EVO mobo, 4GB mem, 4 HDD's. No messages anywhere about the hang.

I have an Asus as well, P8H67, but this also happened with the previous
board, a MSI P45 Diamond, but not until over a year after running
without that issue.

It's not kbd related because I have switched kbds, it may be mobo related, I don't remember if this happened with my previous mobo.

I'm currently thinking kernel regression? But it's definitely not a
specific chipset or CPU issue as both my chipsets and CPU's were Intel,
whereas yours features an AMD CPU with NVidia chipset.

But shouldn't it fail all the time then? Since I turned off 'quiet' it hasn't failed yet...