Re: IBM x3550 M3 with Debian Squeeze not detecting disks on installation

On 12/29/2011 9:41 AM, Mauro Sánchez wrote:
> 2011/12/29 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:31:28 -0300, Mauro Sánchez wrote:
>>
>>> Camaleon, the configuration with one disk uses JBOD. I have tried Debian
>>> Stable with only one disk, RAID 1, RAID 5 and LVM. None of them worked.
>>
>> Did you try to partition and format the disks from Gparted?
>>
> Camaleon,
> I created a partition of 10 GB with Gparted. Then I started to install
> Squeeze but when is installing the base system it hangs up at 17% with
> the following errors catched from the dmesg:
> megasas: RESET -4637 cmd=2a retries=0
> megasas: waiting for 1 commands to complete
> megasas: failed to do reset
> megasas: cannot recover form previous reset failures
>
> And other errors of the I/O type.

This is all brand new hardware isn't it?  I've been working under that
assumption.  If it is used, or refurb stuff, scratch my previous
statement about the drives, as they could very well have problems, or
anything else in the chassis for that matter.

New/used/refurb, the first thing I would do, given those errors, is
check/replace the 8087 cable connecting the 9240 to the drive cage
backplane.

--
Stan