Re: IBM x3550 M3 with Debian Squeeze not detecting disks on installation

2011/12/29 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:31:28 -0300, Mauro Sánchez wrote:
>
>> Camaleon, the configuration with one disk uses JBOD. I have tried Debian
>> Stable with only one disk, RAID 1, RAID 5 and LVM. None of them worked.
>
> Did you try to partition and format the disks from Gparted?

Camaleon,
I created a partition of 10 GB with Gparted. Then I started to install
Squeeze but when is installing the base system it hangs up at 17% with
the following errors catched from the dmesg:
megasas: RESET -4637 cmd=2a retries=0
megasas: waiting for 1 commands to complete
megasas: failed to do reset
megasas: cannot recover form previous reset failures

And other errors of the I/O type.