Re: How to make "Nepomuk semantic desktop" switched off by default in KDE 4 in Debian?

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:58:19 +0100, wzabolot@elektron.elka.pw.edu.pl
wrote:

> After last upgrade of Gnome in debian/testing I have switched myself and
> my users to KDE4.
> However there is one problem - when Nepomuk services start to index the
> users directory, the system becomes totally unresponsive. It affects
> even my Dell Vostro with 4-core HT CPU. Other, slower machines work even
> worse.
> I have instructed all users to switch off Nepomuk semantic desktop in
> system settings, but I'd like to change the system settings so, that
> when a new user account is created, this service is switched off by
> default. Is there any easy way to achieve that?

AFAIK, Nepomuk is required for some Kmail features are available, so
before turning it off I would first ensure your users don't need it at
all.

To disable Nepomuk system-wide... Mmm, you could try to move/rename the
autostart file ("/usr/share/autostart/nepomukserver.desktop") so it's not
executed for every user after login, although I don't know if just this
will do the trick :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón