Re: Which way to program this?

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 05:18:00 -0500, Mark Neidorff wrote:

> I am considering writing a "visual department scheduler" for schools.
> The concept is similar to an appointment calendar, but I'd like to
> include drag 'n drop functionality.  A supervisor is provided with
> teaching session objects that meet in fixed time periods (call them
> 1-12).  The supervisor drags and drops them onto the individual
> teacher's schedule.  This application should be cross platform, able to
> run in windows, mac and linux.  So, it seems easy to me to conceptualize
> this in a web browser, but  what language/development envoronment would
> be appropriate for this project?
>
> Any thoughts are welcome.

Hum... if something like Google Calendar (i.e., based on iCalendar) is
not enough for your requirements, I would go for any of these solutions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_project_management_software

Tip: filter/sort first by license type (open source) and then compare
their features, programming language...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón