Re: Force USB low speed on an specific port.

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:28:43 +0100, Marc Aymerich wrote:

> Today I've tried to connect my mouse through +10meters USB cable. Seems
> that it works pretty well despite of what the RFC says about maximum
> cable lenght :) the only problem I have is that ~5% of mouse clicks are
> lost.

"The only problem"?! You're very optimistic :-)

> I want to try putting the bus speed to a lower rate. Is this posible ?
> for example, can I force a USB2.0 bus to work in USB1.0 mode or
> something like that?

Yes, well, you can use an USB 1.0/1.1 cable with a USB 2.0 hub/device,
the speed will be automatically reduced to the lowest speed of all the
involved compotents which in this case will be the cable.

But there has to be a better way to extend the distance by using
repeaters (hubs) or USB specific designed cables that can achieve longer
distances.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón