Re: apache 2.2.16 deadly slow

On 11/9/2011 7:38 PM, J. Bakshi wrote:

> This is a apache server with php 5.3
> The pages are based on php. Even the viewvc aka svn viewer is also taking tooo
> much response time :-(

viewvc uses Python, not PHP.

Are we talking about two different computers here, a server and a
workstation?  Or are you running apache2 and viewvc on a single machine?
 I'm getting the feeling this is on all one PC.

Hint: when you tell a mailing list you are having an apache2 problem
after a distro upgrade, 'everyone' will assume you have apache2 running
on a dedicated server machine, not your workstation.  You need to
clarify this and provide a whole lot more details about your system setup.

If this is indeed all on one PC, and you're having speed issues with
both apache2, your browser, and viewvc, then it seems to reason the
underlying problem is elsewhere, probably at a lower level.

> The problem appears after upgrading the server from lenney to squeeze.

Yes, you made this very clear in your first post.  Did you upgrade your
kernel from 2.6.26 to 2.6.32?  Is it 32 or 64 bit?  Have you rebooted
the system since the upgrade?  Have you checked your logs for errors or
warnings?  Is your disk/controller working at its highest speed?

Given your speed problem isn't limited to "apache", and if this is
single PC, then the cause of the slowness could be any number of things.
 Thus, the more detail you provide the quicker you can find a solution.

--
Stan