Re: apache 2.2.16 deadly slow

On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 20:53:57 -0600
Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/2011 7:38 PM, J. Bakshi wrote:
>
> > This is a apache server with php 5.3
> > The pages are based on php. Even the viewvc aka svn viewer is also taking tooo
> > much response time :-(
>
> viewvc uses Python, not PHP.
>
> Are we talking about two different computers here, a server and a
> workstation?  Or are you running apache2 and viewvc on a single machine?
>  I'm getting the feeling this is on all one PC.
>
> Hint: when you tell a mailing list you are having an apache2 problem
> after a distro upgrade, 'everyone' will assume you have apache2 running
> on a dedicated server machine, not your workstation.  You need to
> clarify this and provide a whole lot more details about your system setup.

Obviously a *dedicated server* having debian squeeze with apache, php, mysql
It has 4 GB RAM and xeon processor. Two 500 GB HDD aer configured in RAID-I
64 bit arch. Yes, after upgradation , I have restarted the server for several
times...

And a very important point. I have installed the debian squeeze with apache,
mysql etc... on a new server with 8 GB RAM and i5 processor. a strong server than
the exiting. And found the apache response time is also slow here !!!!
Apache version is same 2.2.16

No such error at apache2/error.log and /log/messagess which can indicate
any clue

But why the apache is so slow on a newly installed box ?