Re: apache 2.2.16 deadly slow

On 11/9/2011 2:38 AM, J. Bakshi wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 02:00:02 -0600
> Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/9/2011 1:42 AM, J. Bakshi wrote:
>>
>>> But... the apache has become *deadly slow*
>>
>>> [Wed Nov 09 12:13:16 2011] [debug] proxy_util.c(1837): proxy: worker proxy:reverse already initialized
>>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=proxy%3A+worker+proxy%3Areverse+already+initialized
>>

> Completely disable proxy stuff by
>
> a2dismod proxy proxy_connect proxy_ftp proxy_http  proxy_ajp proxy_balancer proxy_html proxy
>
> and restarted apache. Now no more error related with proxy and no other error. but
> still very very very slow....

Then apparently you had multiple problems.

When you say "slow" I assume you mean response time within your browser.
 If the pages you're accessing are anything other than static content,
say CGI based, or containing some other form of server side scripting,
you may want to look into those things.  You may need to tweak
parameters outside of apache2.

What content are you accessing when you see this slooow peformance?
Static pages, webmail app, ??

--
Stan