Re: Adobe flash is dead

On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 16:10:31 -0800
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursamundi.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 19:51 +0000, Andrew Wood wrote:
> > Why do Linux distros consider it desirable to install Gnash by
> > default? I understand the desire to have a free flash player but
> > Gnash is a very poor implementation and I think it tarnishes
> > Linux's image rather than enhances it.
>
> Why bother with non-free software when we're talking about a
> technology that's dying like BSD these days?

Ummm, can't wait till gnash is setting the pace, rather than being an
implementation generation or two behind, which is all I see holding it
up, but BSD is generating programmes that Debian would do well to look
at:

http://www.bsdcertification.org/

while the latest pre-release version of PC-BSD has an implementation
very much like apt for up-dating, among other advanced features.

http://www.pcbsd.org/

Definitely not drowning and conceivably even stealing a march.
Regards,

Weaver.

--
"In a world without walls and fences,
what need have we for Windows or Gates?"