Re: iceweasel 7.0.1 high cpu when enter url in location bar

2011/10/29 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:49:55 +0800, yuanwei xu wrote:

>>> It doesn't happen here (running Firefox 7.0.1 from lenny and also
>>> Iceweasel 7.0.1 from wheezy).
>>>
>>> I would start by testing the basics:
>>>
>>> - Try with a fresh-new firefox profile
>> remove ~/.mozilla/firefox direction, but no luck.
>>
>>> - Try by disabling addons
>> all addons and plugins were disabled, but no improve
>>
>>> - Try by disabling "hardware acceleration" in the browser
>> Disable it in the preferences | Advance | Browsing, .but no change.
>
> Wow, how bad ;-(
>
>> In preferences | Privacy | location bar, set suggestion to be "noting"
>> when using the location bar, then there will no pop up of dropdownlist
>>  of suggestion, and no 100% CPU consuming, but lose a lot of
>> convenience.
>
> Maybe there is something wrong with that setting but if using an empty
> profile with no data on it (no history nor bookmarks) did not help, there
> must be something at the Firefox code itself.
>
> Does the freeze also happen when you type at the search bar?

Yes, when the search bar pop the downlist of suggestion.

> Anyway, I would consider reporting this to Mozilla bugzilla.

I'm not sure, my system is a little messy, because i used to upgrade
to Wheezy, but now go back to use Squeeze as source leaving a lot of
packages in Wheezy state, but now no more to be upgraded.
I will do further observation.