Re: iceweasel 7.0.1 high cpu when enter url in location bar

2011/10/27 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:33:23 +0800, yuanwei xu wrote:
>
>> Resently, I found when i was entering url in the location bar, iceweasel
>> always consumed 100% CPU,and there was no echo of typing.And when the
>> dropdownlist of the location bar came out, the CPU still run 100% until
>> i clicked mouse to other place to concel the dropdownlist. The same
>> problem also existing in the search bar, when dropdownlist turned out,
>> the CPU run 100%.
>>
>> I tried to clear all history of everything and run iceweasel in
>> safe-mode, but nothing changed. The mozilla version firefox has the same
>> problem.
>>
>> Is there anyone has the same problem?
>
> It doesn't happen here (running Firefox 7.0.1 from lenny and also
> Iceweasel 7.0.1 from wheezy).
>
> I would start by testing the basics:
>
> - Try with a fresh-new firefox profile
remove ~/.mozilla/firefox direction, but no luck.

> - Try by disabling addons
all addons and plugins were disabled, but no improve

> - Try by disabling "hardware acceleration" in the browser
Disable it in the preferences | Advance | Browsing, .but no change.

> And check if you see any improvement with any of those :-?
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

In preferences | Privacy | location bar, set suggestion to be "noting"
when using the location bar, then there will no pop up of dropdownlist
 of suggestion, and no 100% CPU consuming, but lose a lot of
convenience.
I move to use chronium, a little problem is the close-button of tab is
too small for me.
Thanks for your advices.