Re: iceweasel 7.0.1 high cpu when enter url in location bar

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:33:23 +0800, yuanwei xu wrote:

> Resently, I found when i was entering url in the location bar, iceweasel
> always consumed 100% CPU,and there was no echo of typing.And when the
> dropdownlist of the location bar came out, the CPU still run 100% until
> i clicked mouse to other place to concel the dropdownlist. The same
> problem also existing in the search bar, when dropdownlist turned out,
> the CPU run 100%.
>
> I tried to clear all history of everything and run iceweasel in
> safe-mode, but nothing changed. The mozilla version firefox has the same
> problem.
>
> Is there anyone has the same problem?

It doesn't happen here (running Firefox 7.0.1 from lenny and also
Iceweasel 7.0.1 from wheezy).

I would start by testing the basics:

- Try with a fresh-new firefox profile
- Try by disabling addons
- Try by disabling "hardware acceleration" in the browser

And check if you see any improvement with any of those :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón