Re: Gnome 3 crash with iceweasel and chromium

On 25/10/11 16:03, Camaleón wrote:
(...)
- Have you tried with a different and fresh-new user?

Not yet. I'm reluctant to play with that and loose control of my current
setup. I'll do it if you think it's necessary.

What makes you think that creating a new user will make you to loose the
control of your current setup? :-)

That will not happen (and if that happens it would be a very critical bug
IMO), when you add a new user you keep the old one "as is" (intact) so
there is nothing to worry. In fact, creating a new user is the best way
to avoid mix up things and allows you to debug problems that can arise
only with your current user's profile.

Thank you for enlightment.

- Is the fallback mode also crashing?

I did several "logout/logon/start iceweasel" using fallback mode and it
didn't happen. As soon as I started iceweasel on gnome-shell, it
crashed. Apparently, this is triggered by something in one of the tabs
currently loaded in my iceweasel session.

Then maybe is gnome-shell which makes X to crash :-?

The crashes are not replicable so it makes testing very difficult and time consuming. So, as they are rather frequent and also time-consuming (reopening all applications, lost work, ...) I think I'll use fallback mode until 3.2 comes out on sid.
Thank you for all your support.
Rgds,
jss