Re: Gnome 3 crash with iceweasel and chromium

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 13:07:28 +0100, José Silva wrote:

> On 19/10/11 14:25, Camaleón wrote:

>> If the crash is fully reproducible, that's something to take into
>> account.
>
> It became random and less frequent.

Maybe because some packages have been updated :-)

> (...)
>> Okay, you can grep that file (grep -i "gnome-shell $HOME/.xsession-
>> errors") to put the focus into the gnome-shell crash.
>>

> It happened again several times. I went into console mode right after
> the crash.
> I think it's better to let you know slightly more than just grep
> gnome-shell that would only capture one line which I doubt is that
> relevant; here it goes:
>
> (gnome-settings-daemon:7788): Gdk-WARNING **: gnome-settings-daemon:
> Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server :0.

(...)

Ah, then this time it seems is not just gnome-shell that crashes but the
whole X server...

- What about the Xorg log file? Take a look into "/var/log/Xorg.0.log"
- What VGA driver are you using?
- Have you tried with a different and fresh-new user?
- Is the fallback mode also crashing?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón