Re: Gnome 3 crash with iceweasel and chromium

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:51:33 +0100, José Silva wrote:

> I smoothly upgraded my sid install to Gnome 3

GNOME3 ! gnome-shell :-)

I have gnome3 installed but (still) not gnome-shell, they are different
things (gnome3 is the whole environment and gnome-shell is the UI).

> a few days ago, when it became available, and now I'm experiencing
> crashes (goes to login screen) with several web pages. Sometimes it
> repeats with the specific page, sometimes not. Happens both with
> iceweasel and chromium, didn't try with epiphany.

So gnome-shell only crashes when you use a browser?

> Looked on the net a this list but couldn't find nothing recent like
> this.
>
> Anybody experiencing the same?

I can't be of any heelp here but you can review the bugs:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gnome-shell;dist=unstable

> Any fixes?

I would try with new user and see what happens.

> Where in the logs or how can I get some information of what's happening?

For this one, I'd look at "~/.xession-errors", as usual.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón