Re: Choosing a distribution (was: Just a simple query)

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:59:38 -0400, Burhan Hanoglu wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:55:40 +0530, Linux Tyro wrote:
>>
>>> I am beginner in Linux and do another job. But I use computer very
>>> less. Just a simple doubts regarding the selection. Please suggest me
>>> regarding the following:
>>>
>>> "Debian vs openSUSE for a novice"
>>
>> Well, being this a Debian mailing list, my bet is that most people here
>> will blindly point you to Debian ;-P
>
> Not really;

"Not really" what? "Blindly"? There was an emoticon placed there, dude :-)

> Debian is (at least) one of the best GNU/Linux distributions to use if
> you want to experience the excitement of discovering the real Linux
> /Unix stuff behind the GUI. Otherwise; Debian again is one of the best
> distros considering stability and freedom.

I'm not sure that "stability" and "freedom" were inside the "novice" part
but anyway, openSUSE is also stable (rock solid) and cares about your
freedom ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón