Re: any way to listen to url using command line?

Hello!
There is quvi, it can access a few portals besides youtube. You could write a script and use grep/sed/awk to search throuh its output for the right line, showing the actual URL of the mediafile/stream. Then you could pipe that to mplaer. The only problem I saw - even with elinks - was, that, youtube links don't have the mediatype of flash or something, but they open a new HTML page. thus I haven't been able yet to stream these directly. I'd like to see something depending on an URL expression something like:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?
Still it's possible with normal files and direct streams. You can certainly configure it in links2 and elinks and I think even in lynx, although, that hasn't yielded too good results here. Still in the other two browsers I have been able to listen to all mp3s, oggs and all sorts of radio streams. Using mplayer as a backend. Putting vc=null and vo=null is the right approach though, to get quick and easy access to video files, if you're not bothered about the video-part itself. Also good for converting videos to other file-formats using mplayer. :-)
  Warm regards
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======