Re: any way to listen to url using command line?

Has anyone tried surfraw in a script context for a browser drop in?  I
used surfraw and found a number when searching for a search string on
youtube and moved onto that number then used = to bring up the link's
information and found the actual url I put in that message on the last
wondering what would happen if I were able to use elinks as surfraw's
browser in terms of web pages like youtube complaining about me not
using java script supported  browsers.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Hello!
>   There is quvi, it can access a few portals besides youtube. You could write
> a script and use grep/sed/awk to search throuh its output for the right line,
> showing the actual URL of the mediafile/stream. Then you could pipe that to
> mplaer. The only problem I saw - even with elinks - was, that, youtube links
> don't have the mediatype of flash or something, but they open a new HTML page.
> thus I haven't been able yet to stream these directly. I'd like to see
> something depending on an URL expression something like:
> http://m.youtube.com/watch?
>   Still it's possible with normal files and direct streams. You can certainly
> configure it in links2 and elinks and I think even in lynx, although, that
> hasn't yielded too good results here. Still in the other two browsers I have
> been able to listen to all mp3s, oggs and all sorts of radio streams. Using
> mplayer as a backend.
>   Putting vc=null and vo=null is the right approach though, to get quick and
> easy access to video files, if you're not bothered about the video-part
> itself. Also good for converting videos to other file-formats using mplayer.
> :-)
>   Warm regards
>             Julien
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;
> Free And Jubilating Amazement Revels, Dancing On - FLOWERS!
>
> ======      Find my music at      ======
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
> "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day,
> so I never have to live without you." (Winnie the Pooh)

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
If I got a nickel for every message I've already sent supporting Microsoft
Windows and its applications I'd have enough to retire on comfortably no
matter what the stock market did.