Re: which system is similar with debian

lina wrote:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Martin Steigerwald<Martin@lichtvoll.de>  wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2011 schrieb lina:
I want to download a software, which only provided the below options
except Windows:

1] RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 (64 bit)
2] RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 (64 bit)
3] Suse Linux Enterprise 10/11 (64 bit).

I am not sure which one will relatively better fit the x86_64
GNU/Linux wheezy one.

I just downloaded the .tgz ball version.

http://download.accelrys.com/downloads/7227362e1f1039be115bcbe4081d9787/DS31Client.tgz

later when I untar the .tgz ball, and $ ./DS31Client.bin

           Initializing InstallShield Wizard........
           Extracting Installation Archive.

That is really ugly - not a standard Linux installer at all, and no option to build from source.

If it were me, the next thing I'd try is to install a copy of virtualbox, build an OpenSuse virtual machine, and try to install into it. Not sure what kind of performance you'll get given that visualization can be pretty compute-intensive.

Miles Fidelman