Re: any way to listen to url using command line?

I don't know if what I managed to do was the best approach, but I used
youtube-dl and downloaded that url and that saved a very large .flv
file.  I tried using mplayer to play it and while the file played, I
kept getting screen updates of a progress bar nature until I put vc=null
and vo=null in my .mplayer/config file.  I am reading to find out to
turn off mplayer's other complaints about lirc and maybe some other
things so as to get the sound playing quickly mostly of the videos and
not mplayer status messages.  The video was quite informative too.  I
don't think it would be possible to have all of this streamed and run
through .mailcap when a link were opened using the lynx browser at least
not now.  That may eventually be possible and may be worth the time and
effort to play with it and find out.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Jochen Spieker wrote:

> Jude DaShiell:
> >
> > Do tools exist in debian to play the following url with a command line
> > interface media player?
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJTwQvgfgMM
>
> youtube-dl
> mplayer
>
> J.

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
If I got a nickel for every message I've already sent supporting Microsoft
Windows and its applications I'd have enough to retire on comfortably no
matter what the stock market did.