Re: Gnome 3 and VirtualBox

On 15/10/11 19:31, José Silva wrote:
(...)

With Gnome 3, to start, I don't know how to switch to another desktop
if I am in VirtualBox fullscreen. Windows absorbs the Windows key, of
course, which is also the Gnome 3 hot key, and the top left screen
corner is occupied by VB. Does anyone know?

>> (...)

Got it!

For others with same problem, VirtualBox catches all keystrokes, even system ones like windows key or Alt+Tab and passes it to the guest VM unless you uncheck "Auto Capture Keyboard" on VB manager (GUI) File/Preferences/Input tab.

Obviously, if you do this, you no longer can, for example, use the windows key for guest start menu or Alt+Tab to switch windows on guest VM; you can't have it all.

Keep well,
jss